Book Webinars, Programs, Onsite Workshops
CONTACT NICOLLE DIRECTLY
Creative Journaling: Just for Teens
The issues and experiences of teens today are complex.
It’s much easier for some youth to express how they feel or what their thoughts are through journaling or creative expression than it is to sit in front of a therapist, or other adult, and talk about it.
CJ: Just for Teens Program (ages 13-18)
This program combines the benefits of the journaling process to the kinesthetic quality of expressive art techniques which facilitates internal healing.
“Journaling is less threatening for adolescents than traditional talk therapy because it offers a therapeutic distance between the person and the narrative (DeGangi & Nemiroff, 2010). It contributes to the understanding of self within the context of peers (identity formation), and promotes problem solving, interpersonal effectiveness, and emotional regulation. This process provides a springboard for meaningful discussion and may be a means for relationship building with non voluntary clients, as is often the case with adolescents (Bolton et al., 2004)”.
Article published, 6:29–41, 2011 in Journal of Creativity in Mental Health, “The Therapeutic Use of Journaling with Adolescents” by Allison Utley and Yvonne Garza, Sam Houston State University, Huntsville, Texas, US.
CJ: Just for Teens is a powerful companion program that works hand in hand with your centre, facility or organization to help your clients integrate fully for more successful outcomes.
This CJ Program includes-
- Full Module Curriculum* with Facilitator Outline
- (2) 90-minute Webinar Trauma-informed Training for Counselors/Staff
- (2) 60-minute Zoom Consultations, working with Team/Program Director for successful program outcomes
- Client workbook, color worksheets
- Email support during launch & 30-day follow-up
- Option for customized Journaling worksheets for your centre.
- Yearly licensing fee that includes re-training for new staff
All curriculum for CJ Programs are developed & designed by Nicolle Nattrass, CAC II. Nicolle is a CACCF Approved Ceu Course Provider.
One of the top 50 experts in the world in journaling, a member of the Journal Council at the International Association for Journal Writing. She continues to train professionals on how to use Creative Journaling to help heal trauma, addiction, family disconnection and to support all areas of recovery, with a focus on self-care.
Author of Just the Two of Us, A Soft Place for Tender Hearts to Land, (Zebra Ink 2020). She is also contributing author to the following books-
- The Coach’s Guide to Completing Creative Work (Routledge Press, 2023)
- The Great Book of Journaling, How Journal Writing Can Support a life of wellness, creativity, meaning and purpose (Conari Press, 2022)
- Transformational Journaling for Coaches, Therapists and Clients (Routledge Press, 2021)
- You Are Not Alone, An Anthology of Perinatal Mental Health Stories (Wintertickle Press, 2020)